Tuesday, June 30, 2009

no children...

I hope that our few remaining friends
give up on trying to save us.
I hope we come up with a fail safe plot
to piss off the dumb few that forgave us.
I hope the fences we mended
fall down beneath their own weight.
And I hope we hang on past the last exit;
I hope it's already too late.
And I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here
someday burns down.
And I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away,
and I never come back to this town
again in my life.
I hope I lie
and tell everyone you were a good wife.
And I hope you die.
I hope we both die.

I hope I cut myself shaving tomorrow.
I hope it bleeds all day long.
Our friends say it's darkest before the sun rises.
We're pretty sure they're all wrong.
I hope it stays dark forever.
I hope the worst isn't over.
And I hope you blink before I do.
Yeah, I hope I never get sober.
And I hope when you think of me years down the line,
you can't find one good thing to say.
And I'd hope that if I found the strength to walk out,
you'd stay the hell out of my way.
I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me,
hand in unlovable hand.
And I hope you die.
I hope we both die.

~the mountain goats