Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Being home

So, it's now 6:44pm local time on December 19th. It's 30 degrees with a windchill of 21 degrees, there's at least an inch of ice everywhere because it has been raining for 2 days, and it's thundering and I'm almost positive I saw a little bit of lightning through the dirty brown overcast sky this evening. Well, at least it should be snowing tomorrow, so maybe that will make everything better. Or, at least everything will be even more slick so I'll be stuck inside some more. Only in West Texas can there be rain, ice, thunder/lightning, and snow all in the span of 2 days.

On the other hand, back home in Florida it's now 63 degrees, and it's supposed to be in the mid-70s all week. Damn, I hate being away from Florida. Mainly I miss how green everything is there, how everything isn't a pale brown, how there are actually trees; and I really miss my bestfriend with whom I wish I could spend every second I have. Maybe things will be better when I get back and we will be able to spend a lot of time together. Anyway, I need to go thaw my hands out and try to write some poems. I haven't been able to write anything since I've been here. This place just isn't conducive to writing, I'm afraid.